FTE Performance Consulting, Rochester, MI
Principal, May 2015 – Dec 2017
- Project manager for expedited launch of all-new vehicle assembly line for OEM at contract assembler - launch complete on-time (within 8 months – vs. 24 month typical) and within budget
- Led Operations work-stream of 12-week assessment at Ship-builder which identified >$300M annualized savings (2 year implementation) via Organizational Transformation project plan
- Managed multiple client accounts, work included due diligence, assessments, operational improvement of manufacturing facilities
- Led development of homegrown application for payroll, time & expenses reporting, and invoicing
OLIVER WYMAN, Troy, MI
Associate (Manager), Jan 2011 – May 2015
- Project Manager of Operational Transformation at motorcycle OEM including design and launch of new assembly plant, tactical support on 3PL integration and Quality controls, and Lean systems implementation & training. Engaged in project for 3 years ($6M annual project fees)
- Due Diligence assessments of six tool fabrication & injection molding operations in China and Thailand to determine synergies & risks of post-merger integration. Identified $12M in annualized net savings through facility & equipment consolidation, added automation, re-designed workstations / quality checks, and tooling enhancements
- Sourcing cost reduction project at Suspension systems (Tier 1) supplier. Utilized Catia / UG to gather detailed components specifications (castings, ball joints, etc.) and conducted stepwise regression to model cost drivers and identify price outliers to drive targeted negotiations reducing annual spend by $7M
- Business Strategy Design for Mexico-based (Tier 1) supplier of performance manual transmissions. Market analysis (DCT / AMT technologies, commercial vehicle applications, components, alternate regions) and operational assessment to achieve revenue and profit targets
- Development of revenue management software for a major commercial airline. The Enterprise-grade application processes 250M+ records daily from various data feeds, providing client flexible reporting and alerts to attain $90M in potential revenue
HARBOUR CONSULTING, Troy, MI (acquired by Oliver Wyman Jan 2008, some overlap included here)
Consultant (Specialist), Oct 2005 – Jan 2011
- Project Manager for 50+ Operational Excellence assessments and Greenfield factory planning projects for various U.S., German and Asian automotive OEMs for plants located across four continents. Process included benchmarking analysis, and on-site assessment team of 8 – 12)
- Lead analyst in support of expert witness testimony by Ron Harbour on the economic impact of environmental regulations in landmark federal case: Central Valley Chrysler – Jeep, et al. v. Witherspoon
Manager HarbourReport.com, Sept 2004 – Jan 2009
- Led initiative to implement web application / database for data entry, analysis & reporting tools and secure distribution of information for Harbour Report Managed three full-time developers, reduced development costs >50% and improving scalability of Harbour Report process that enabled 32% revenue gains without increasing operational costs.
Manager South America, April 2007 – Oct 2009
- Manager of Harbour Report South America (annual benchmarking data process & publication, representing $400K/year revenue). Responsible for all aspects including planning, business development, training, data analysis, executive presentations, and publication.
IT Manager, Aug 2005 – Jan 2008
- Managed IT environment in office of 20 – 30 computer supporting our network engineering, server management (file sharing and HarbourReport.com hosting), email and remote access (WAN)
Senior Analyst & Developer, Sept 2003 – Jan 2005
- Conducted statistical analytics, reports & presentation preparation, and client communications supporting annual Harbour Report process and publication. Also led efforts to enhance methodology standards & analytical tools.
- Developed enterprise database application (structure, UI, security and reporting) to collect business data, generate invoicing, performance reporting, project management, etc., facilitating growth in business with reduced administrative resources
- Simulation analysis of Engine component machining line to improve throughput and optimize buffer sizes.
PLANNING PERSPECTIVES, INC., Birmingham, MI
Research Analyst, May 2000 – May 2003
- Analyzed data of manufacturer-supplier business relationships; collaborated with senior consulting staff to develop reports and presentations. Managed design and development of web survey engine, greatly reducing lead time and overhead costs of conducting surveys. Programmatically consolidated disparate databases, to improve efficiency and analytics
University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, 2000 - Bachelor of Science, Statistics
Cranbrook Kingswood High School, Bloomfield Hills, MI, 1996